Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Live Dangerously

November 18, 2009.

Went to my meeting with York today. Tried the Asian Noodle Salad from Aroma Cafe...not worth the 13 dollars. Aroma Cafe to me seems to be a cute place to hang out, and somewhere to go if you wanna be seen or to see celebs, but the food is way overpriced for what you get. Haven't fallen in love with something on the menu from there yet...

Then it was off to class. My scene went up third and I was terrified that my teacher would just watch the scene and say, “Wow, you really haven't rehearsed, it was just as boring as last time.” But, instead she told me I did “Nice work” and that I was “more in touch with [my] sexuality.” Last time I apparently was not sexy...at all. Because, I'm terrified to be sexy. It's been forever since someone has told me that I turn them on, or that I'm hot. Therefore, it's hard for me to view myself in that way. So today before class, I tried on many different outfits, trying to find the “sexy” in me.

I uncovered a shirt that I had forgotten I owned. My scene partner's last bit of advice at our last rehearsal was to find something a “little dangerous”. Well, with this shirt on, “Danger” was my first, middle and last name. So, I discarded my self doubt and went with it. It worked!

Also, I learned during the scene that I really need to start taking more chances! At one point, my scene partner grabbed my by my arm, pushed me against the wall, choked me and threatened me with a screwdriver. Sounds crazy right? Well, yes it was, and completely unexpected, but it's exactly what I needed to get out of myself and into the character!!! Live more dangerously!!!

Thank you scene partner! I'm going to do my best to take as many chances as possible with all my characters. How do you think Charlize Theron got where she is today? Definitely not by playing it safe.

Had to cancel dinner with Todd this evening, again. Lacey and I had promised to take out the photographers who did our headshots for free, for dinner. So tonight was the night. We went to Mama D's, an awesome little Italian place on Manhattan Blvd. There are Christmas lights everywhere as well, which is making me a little homesick, but I shall return home for Christmas so it's all good!

Now, it's almost midnight and I'm exhausted, still getting over my sickness, so I'm going to turn in and get lots of rest. Audition in the afternoon tomorrow – wish me luck! And then it's off to an always interesting evening at the restaurant. Wish me luck again – I need the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment