Friday, September 18, 2009

All By Myself...And Happy.


September 18, 2009

Things I learned today:

I don't like working the day shift. It's uber, super, duper boring and you make no tips.
Vitello's is a delicious and fairly reasonably priced restaurant (huh, who knew? I'd never been there before).
Apparantly, I radiate beauty (says the middle aged guy I served today while he ate lunch with his mom).
And...I should not use eharmony or match.com because everyone on there is a liar (says the middle aged man who would not leave me alone at fedex).

I worked all day, ran errands, ate dinner at Vitello's alone...(i'm getting used to that, is that bad?), hung out with the roomies while they worked, waiting for traffic to subside so that I could make it home in reasonable timing. Worked out (yay! 30 day shred), and here I sit waiting for Nikki to get off work and come drink with me!

I booked my flight for my movie premiere which I'm totally psyched about, my mom and step-dad are coming also, which I think is super awesome! I was shocked that my step-dad agreed to come, he doesn't like traveling, so he doesn't do it often. But, the fact that he's willing to travel to see my movie means a lot to me! Not sure if my sis is coming yet, but I really do hope she does. It would be incredible to have my whole fam there to support.

And you know? I'm not even that sad that I won't be bringing a date. Why bring someone with me that's not gonna be around in a couple of years and just make me sad when I look back on pictures of that happy moment in my life? No need!

Alright, well...i find myself alone often and I suppose I'm getting used to it. I was thinking the other day about when, ehem, I'm a big, famous movie star, maybe I'll never bring a date to red carpet events. I'll either bring family or my best girlfriend.

What things do you like to do alone?

2 comments:

  1. The Shred! Love it.

    And congrats on booking your flight, wee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI: I have a friend who married her husband 3 years to the day that the first contacted each other via Match.com. They've been married about 4 years now, and just moved to a new home last month. So I know that it CAN work.

    ReplyDelete