Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Silhouette of a Surfer....

September 30, 2009.

Today, I was overwhelmed by the silhouette of a surfer gliding across the dark waves that crashed onto the beach underneath the orange sky that was waving farewell to another day. It was breathtaking.

I went for a run when I got back from class before the sky went completely black. I ran to the pier and back and then had the urge to run in the sand. I took my sneakers off, put my feet in the cool sand and went to the swing set. I swung as I watched the sun sink low and listened to Norah Jones on my ipod. It was awesome. Then I walked closer to the water.

There is a Tsunami warning right now for the west coast and it is making the waves do this incredible dance which the surf population down here just can't resist. I need a board.

Then, I sprinted back across the beach to my street and danced my way up to my apartment, bare feet and all. This is the life. I feel lucky.

1 comment: