Sunday, September 20, 2009

I like to lie...


September 19, 2009.

One thing I've learned about myself tonight: I love to lie. Ok, well, not so much lie, as create alternate lives for myself. Tonight, at Rocco's up in Studio City, I was 'Matt', which is not short for anything, and I'm from Louisville (pronounced Looovaulle), Kentucky, where the weather is similar to California, but has a bit more change of seasons (as if I know). And the reason I decided to leave was because during one of the political campaigns a few years back I couldn't stand how racist the politicians were being in order to get votes. How revolting!

Ha, it just comes so easily to me, it's kind of scary. But, it's such a great acting exercise and I enjoy it so much. Until, I feel like I actually like the people I'm talking to, then I worry that, uh-oh, I've already dug my hole this deep...how do I begin to climb out of it?

I literally worked ALLL day...I started down here in Manhattan, the new restaurant is opening this wednesday, so our insane, out of touch with reality owner wanted people there all day to hand out samples of ribs. Woohoo! So from noon to 4pm, I was there doing busy work and offering free ribs to anyone who dared stick their head in to check out the new place. It was actually quite fun because everyone who stopped was so damn friendly! I love when people introduce themselves and don't just treat you like you're beneath them because you're a waitress. People in M.B. were mad cool today!

Then I drove 45 min up to the Oaks to work my actual serving shift. It was ok, I made pretty decent money (thank God). I'm finally out of the hole I was sinking into with acting class, rent, gas money, etc. I'm back to being able to actually save and not worry about how much I spend on dinner. It's a nice feeling.

I got to work with Nikki and Lacey tonight, so we decided since we were all up there at the same time we might as well hit up Rocco's. Our beloved bar. It was a blast. I was DD (but I let myself have two beers when we got there, and then spent the rest of the evening sobering up).

Um...it was a good time. It made me feel attractive. It made me feel intelligent. It made me feel like I'm finally making smarter decisions in my life. Had some good conversation with old friends, had some good conversation with new friends. Left before anyone had too much of a good thing. Tipped our server real well, she's the best and deserves it! She was so grateful. I love people like that, especially in L.A. She actually gave her number to us because we told her we want to hang with her sometime when she's not working. She gave us the nicest compliment I think we could've gotten tonight.

Lacey noticed her talking to a guy at the bar and was reading her lips. She was telling him, “Those girls are great, they always come and have such a good time without creating drama and getting out of control.”

And that, in a nutshell, is what we do! That is why I love us. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment