Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sat-is-fac-tion

September 23, 2009.

Today was wonderful! I got up early, had some breakfast, watched “Regis and Kelly”, which I haven't done in years! Then I headed for the valley and my second meeting with York. It really inspired me!

Last night before bed, I re-read a play that I had written while living in NYC and it inspired me to write some more. I'm going to use a scene from the play as part of my reel with York, which is pretty damn cool if you think about it. I wrote it and am going to not only have it be videotaped, but get to perform one of the characters.

Well, anywho, I was extremely inspired and also wrote a monologue, which led me to an idea for a movie script a la 'Best in Show', mocumentary style. I just feel like my creative juices are flowing and I feel like in the next two months, I am going to accomplish more than I thought possible.

After our meeting, which left me beaming, I headed to class. Now, earlier this morning, I was dreading the thought of performing my scene in class today, but then I just kept going over it in my head, thinking, “Why the hell not?” So, me and my scene partner decided to go for it! Dare to fail gloriously!

That is what we did, except we didn't quite fail. Our teacher said, “Really nice work.” Which is what she says only when she feels you put the effort and rehearsal time in and made bold choices.

Yay!! I'm very proud of us! It felt great to go up there and shine, even just for a moment. Then it was back to the nit picking and telling us what we did wrong and how we need to go about fixing it. But, she was still very happy with us, which was all we were looking for. Validation from our teacher.

Then, still on a high from acting class and a great meeting with York, I headed to work in the Oaks. It was fairly dead, but I was determined to make some dough. I put all my positive energy into making money tonight and although I didn't make the most I've ever made on a wednesday night, I still made enough to purchase some groceries.

Now, I have milk, bacon, eggs and waffles and I'm a happy camper.

I just feel so creatively fulfilled tonight and I hope that I'm able to sleep, but I do want to let all my ideas flow so that I don't forget anything important before I go to bed!

I work tomorrow at the new restaurant, which I'm pretty darn tootin' psyched for. How wonderful to not have to drive my car all the way up to the valley, but just take a short five minute walk down the street and make some moolah. Pretty Sweet.

Damn. Life is good. I'm really happy. I hope I always can remember what it feels like to be satisfied with life. This is it.

1 comment: