Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walk of...shame-less-ness?



August 26, 2009.

Wow, I didn't realize I had missed so many days! Well, I don't have too much to report. I've basically spent the majority of the past three days working nonstop. Which is awesome, because 1)I'll be able to afford rent in a week and 2)well...I'll be able to afford rent in a week.

The new restaurant opened and I've been there the past three days. It's been fun, stressful, annoying, hard, easier, a whole compilation of things. But overall, I think I'm gonna like it.

Last night was another one for the books. Lacey and I worked till about 11pm, then decided that despite our exhaustion, we were still gonna make the most of the night (being Friday and all) and go out somewhere.

We were hanging outside of the restaurant, having a beer and a smoke when a car pulled up and these guys got out and just sat down with us. We all pretended to know one another being goofy, saying, “There you are! We were wondering if you were gonna show up! We were worried you had stood us up!” And they were super fun and played along. So we decided that after we went home to change, we'd give 'em a call and meet up with them.

Now, here in lies the problem. Lacey and I have pretty much the exact same taste in guys. It sucks. So, after we had met those guys, Lacey goes, “Ooh, Jeremy...” and I knew we were thinking the same thing. I do not compete for guys. I repeat, I do not compete for guys. Especially with a friend. So, that's the moment I knew she was going to make out with Jeremy that night and I was gonna be stuck with the others. Bummer.

Well, we ran home to change and then headed to “downtown” Manhattan Beach. We didn't even make it into a bar before we ran into yet another group of friendly people. Mostly Australian and they convinced us to join them at Shelback, the bar they were heading to. Perfect. So, we tagged along with them, meanwhile, one of the guys and I kept joking about getting married so that he could get his green card.

Now, I hate how my drunken mind works. Long story short, we had a great time at the bar, we met a lot of people (as usual, I don't know how we do it!) and made some new friends. Jeremy and his friends found us there around closing time, so we were all gonna go hang out somewhere. Well, I hadn't (at least I thought I hadn't) totally lost my chance with him yet, so I was up for hanging. We were rounding everyone up and I turned around and saw Lacey and Jeremy making out.

When I'm drunk and unhappy, my defense mechanism is to just go. I don't care where, just as far from where I am at that moment as possible. So, I grabbed the Aussie's hand and we headed back to his friends where he's staying. He doesn't live here, he's just visiting.

Lacey and I had promised not to separate, especially since I didn't have my phone on me, but my drunken mind just couldn't stand the thought of watching her and Jeremy be all over eachother all night.

Ok, well, this post will be way too long if I go into much detail, so I'll try to keep it short.

I really wasn't attracted to the Aussie, but he was the solution to my problem at the moment. He was super nice, such a gentlemen (believe it or not). We went back to the house, it was ridiculous...i didn't know people really lived in places like this...wish I had gotten some pics. We sat out on the deck and chatted, hung out with his “roomies”, then decided it was time for bed. I just assumed we'd be having sex. Because, I had let it get this far as to come over, make out a little and presume to be spending the night. And I really wasn't interested in having sex with him, but I just didn't have a great reason not to. Sounds horrible, because it is.

Well, I climbed in bed, we made out, and he said, “I don't think we should tonight. It doesn't feel right.”

WHATT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yup, he's the one that didn't want to have sex. Amazing. So, we cuddled. Yup, we cuddled and this morning when I got up I did the “walk of non-shame” back to my apartment.

He seriously was just such a gentleman and now I wish I was more attracted to him. Why don't I ever like the nice ones??

Ugh, well this was totally a post that should've been in my other blog, but I still had to share.

Today I worked a double. My feet are killing me, I feel fat and my skin is breaking out. But....I get to sleep as late as I desire tomorrow morning. Or at least until my downstairs neighbors decided to have a party at 6:30am, like they did the other day...seriously.

Something I learned today: I've thought about it and I really don't want a boyfriend right now. I'm super single and I kind of want to stay that way.

Cowabunga dudes!!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes guys will surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may have been worried that you had been drinking too much, and weren't really consenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...J.R., that would definitely be a first! But quite possibly!

    ReplyDelete