Monday, September 28, 2009

Money is Happiness Limited.

September 27, 2009.

Another random Manhattan Beach night...worked 5pm to close tonight. It was quite crazy. Made some more money. Realized there comes a point when you just don't want any more money...at least, I get to that point. I'm done, thank you! I have enough. At least for a few days.

Went out with the roomies and honorary roomie (Nikki's boy) after work. Got some grub and some drinks. Learned that carrots and bbq sauce make an awesome combination. Delicious...you should try it!

Then, I had told the Aussie that I would meet him and his crew out at Poncho's for karaoke. I wasn't really feelin' it, but Lacey agreed to join, so we went. We got there right at last call. I realized, unfortunately, that I'm really not attracted to the Aussie, but his friend Peter...wow. Way cute. Of course, Lacey thought so, too. But, I did notice that after I told her that I thought he was cute, she didn't seem to “try” to get his attention. I appreciate that.

But, I was the “taken” one on the arm of the Aussie, so I did notice that Peter kept eyeing Lacey. She was the single girl there.

Anywho, we had a really fun evening with some really great people unexpectedly. I learned today also that it's good to go outside of my comfort zone. I need to do that more often. I'm glad we went.

Tomorrow I don't have to work (thank god!!!) but I have two rehearsals. Which I'm looking forward to because it will remind me what I'm really here to do. So glad I won't be serving up ribs with a side of corn and cornbread today! Ugh!

Go after what makes you happy and forget about money! It can only make you happy to a point!

1 comment: