Friday, October 9, 2009

Busy Bee

October 8th, 2009.

Life has been a bit busy these past few days! I've missed a bit...let's play some catch up, shall we? Wednesday had my morning business meeting with York. I'm so pumped every time we meet, it just reassures me that things are happening and life is going to take off very, very soon.

She told me not to go to my callback tomorrow. And, it at first upset me, but the more I thought about it, the more she's right. The deal with is was it's for a network show, so I would potentially be a character on the show for a whole season, however, there's nudity involved. I actually worked up the nerve to ask my acting teacher when class was over and she said, “As an actress, I would never lock down something I wasn't proud of.” And she's exactly right. I wasn't going to be proud of this if I did go through with it. It's not something I would want my mom to see. I always want my mom to see and admire my work as an artist and I just don't think I could bring myself to even tell her about it. So, I hung up my hopes of my t.v. debut and decided it'll happen for me soon. In another more wholesome way. I'm happy.

I did my scene in class yesterday and my teacher was quite pleased, which again just reinforces that I am on the right path. I'm doing something right. I got assigned a new scene and scene partner. I'm in trouble...he's way cute. And we have to kiss in our scene. Score! I mean...um trouble....

Then I rushed off to another audition that I bombed. And I'm not just being modest, my whole heart was left behind in the car so I just walked in and didn't even try. I don't know why, I just completely took myself out of the competition. Bummer.

Then it was off to my theater company's first meeting after a long haitus. I was super excited to be there with other creative people again who are all there for the love of the craft and not for the money. I found out some great news too...all of us creative people who are not in it for the money are now going to be able to get paid because we are officially a theater company that can accept grants from this point on! Hoorah!! That is really terrific news.

From the meeting I came back to wonderful Manhattan Beach and went out with my roomies and one of our coworkers to Shark's Cove. I got drunk. Damn. We were bought two rounds of shots and met some interesting men, then pigged out on some food from the Kettle on the way home. I was drunk.

This morning I got up fairly early to meet with my scene partner. Adorable. I hope he's not gay. Or has a girlfriend. I hope he's single and straight. After which it was back home to take a nap. I'm tired!!

Worked alllllll night from 5pm to 2:30am. I got stuck with the late shift and my wonderful roomies stayed with me the whole time. I love them! We got some business to come in and buy our food. I made a bit more in tips. We met some new friends. It was a decent night. Now though, I am quite exhausted and we may be meeting Lacey's family for breakfast tomorrow morn, that is if we can all get up. We shall see. We shall see...

I love leading a busy life, I just hope I can keep everything straight and give 100% to everything and not falter.

No comments:

Post a Comment