Saturday, October 10, 2009

New Haircut

October 10, 2009.

Haircut day...what a disaster!!! Thank goodness for great friends like Lacey.

It all started at 9am when I went to my haircut appointment at Bob Roy's. I brought a picture of what I was hoping for and told her I didn't want to look like twins with my roomie, who just got her hair cut with bangs and layers. I also told her that I needed to keep the length, so that my headshots still work.

The cutting began. Cut. There goes six inches. Cut. There goes another six inches. Cut. Now I have bangs. Snip, snip, cut, cut. Done. I look like Lacey's twin. Fuck my life.

I had to run off to work, so I really couldn't stay and ask her to fix it. But at work I was so miserable. It looks exactly like the cut I got when I was in 7th grade, thick straight bangs, and shoulder length hair. It looked horrendous. Lacey came right over to tell me, “It looks good! It's cute!” and everything else a good friend is supposed to say when their other friend is facing a crisis.

Well, after a terrible day at work, I just couldn't stand the thought of living with this awful haircut, so Lacey accompanied me back down to the salon where I got my haircut to see if they could salvage it by any means. We walked in and there was the woman who cut my hair, sitting right there at the front desk, great.

So, I simply said, “So, my hair looks just like my roomies, is there any way we can change it up a little?” And she just looked at me and said, “Ooh, no, we'd have to wait for the bangs to grow out.”

Then Lacey tried, “Well, could we put like some more choppy layers in it or something?”

The stylist, still not moving, said, “Well, we need to keep the length don't we?”

I couldn't believe she wasn't jumping all over trying to make an unsatisfied customer happy!!! She was basically telling us that there was nothing we could do to make my hair look better. Excuse me?? You messed up my hair, you better damn well fix it!!!

We left Bob Roy's absolutely appalled by how they treated us. We looked for the closest salon and found “Hush” right around the corner. We went in and declared our state of emergency. They were super nice and got me right in. They couldn't believe my hair or how I was treated and they came up with a number of solutions that could take care of the problem.

And an hour and half later, I have an incredibly cute haircut and am in such a better mood! Now, granted, I probably have to get new headshots, but all in all, it ended up well.

I just could not believe that other stylist. They lost two customers today. Bad customer service...gets you nowhere.

Ooh, I think my pizza's here...off to fill my grumbly tummy! Then possibly off to Oktoberfest tonight! We shall see...

Don't settle for bad hair! No matter the cost!

2 comments:

  1. But pictures! We need pictures!

    (and I agree about not settling for bad hair! I wouldn't let anyone touch my hair for years after a bad experience similar to years, years ago - finally allowing people to cut it now, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, seriously? I am in shock. What a horrible business!

    Glad you're happier now. Still can't believe how you were treated. Not okay.

    ReplyDelete