Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rape and Roofies...I don't like either.

October 2/3, 2009.

Wow. So this was an unexpected night of first.

Worked all day at the restaurant, wanted to blow my brains out because of how horrible a person the owner of the place is. Just kept reassuring myself...someday, I'll be rewarded and this will all be worth it!

Then came home exhausted and pissed off about stupid unimportant things only to discover that one of my friends is the product of a rape. This, he discovered today. Oh my god, what do you say/do after discovering that?

He is one of the most sweet, gentle, caring, generous people I have ever known in my entire life and I just kept telling him what a gift he has been to his family all these years. Something amazingly, heartstoppingly positive out of something disgusting and terrible.

Wow.

Then, went out with Lacey and some co-workers (one of which was my manager) and I decided to dress as random as possible and pose as a bachelorette for the evening...well! What a way to get free shots! Free shots galore!

And I think Lacey was roofied...

Um, I have no evidence, just the fact that she went from fun drunk to “Oh my god, I can't walk, I think I'm gonna throw up, you have to carry me up the steps to our apartment!” drunk in 0 to 60. It was one of the scariest things I've ever witnessed and thank God, I'm not so drunk that I can't function either. I, along with one of our friends got her up the stairs, into bed, shoes off, blanket on, garbage pail in front of her bed and now she is sort of snoring.

It was insanity! Now, I've seen Lacey drunk, many a nights. Never, ever, ever like this! Never! She could not walk up the stairs, we had to coach her up each step and then I had to talk her down from her panic attack which she was having once she was in bed. Telling her, “It'll pass, it's only temporary.” Because she kept telling me she couldn't move her head or feel her legs (...um roofie?). Yeah...I don't really feel like going out in Hermosa again anytime soon. I just also feel weird that our manager was there...um...awkward.

I don't know. This was definitely a bizarre turn of events. I hope she wakes up tomorrow bright eyed and happy like always. I have never had to take care of someone to that extent. I love that girl and it's funny, because I'm feeling embarrassed for her, and she probably won't even care tomorrow, because that's just how she is.

She is wonderful!

Lesson of the day: Be there for your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment