Monday, October 5, 2009

Positively Positive

October 5, 2009.

Today was great. Sort of.

Went back to an acting class I haven't been to in about two months (due to lack of funds) and felt super uber confident and happy with my work. Then I went on a shopping spree at Urban Outfitters (God, I love that store) and bought an incredibly adorable new dress to wear on my audition this evening.

It did the trick. I got a callback (second audition, that's a good thing) for this friday and if I get cast...well, I'm gonna be part of the next season of a show, but the title will remain confidential (sorry!). So, keep your fingers crossed on friday for me!

Then when I got home I received more good news about my acting career, a director emailed me requesting that I come in for an audition this saturday for his upcoming project as well as do a quick shoot on saturday for a project he's currently filming. Sweet! I'm there!

My horoscope did say October would be a great month for my career! I'm stoked and couldn't be happier with the way things are going acting-wise.

However, the part of my life that always gives me aches and pains...men. Ugh. Those of you who've read my previous blog know of Seattle. Well, Seattle struck again. I even hate writing about him because I feel like the only reason he enters my life is in hopes of being a part of my blog (yes, he still reads it.)

But, my problem is, why is it so hard for women to get past things? I know we need closure, but what kind of closure are we looking for? Seattle and I tried the friends thing. It didn't work for me. I tried the hateful thoughts thing. It doesn't work for me. Seattle's got a girlfriend now...clearly he's moved on. Why can't I?

I think what it is is that I'm taking out my anger toward men, all men, specifically, out on Seattle, he's just an easy target. He's the last guy I had genuine feelings for and that I thought had genuine feelings for me. I guess that's my problem, that whole situation makes me feel so unlovable. Arghghggghhh!! I don't want to write about this stuff anymore, that's why I stopped “Year of My Fake Engagement”. It does me no good! So I need to just focus on the positive, my career.

Focus on the POSITIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment