Thursday, October 15, 2009

Friendships are two sided


October 14, 2009.

Today I learned that a) I need to become more confident despite my short hair and b) I need to be a better friend to people despite living way down far yonder.

Got up and worked out this morning (yay shred!) It's my goal to look stunning by Oct. 30th for my movie premiere as well as for the audition I have on Oct. 31st, where I need to be a hottie that walks into a bar and makes every man drool. Right...well, at least I'll feel really good about my body in a couple weeks.

I had class at 2pm. Sadly no business meeting with York this week, she's out of town for a wedding. But, I did set up plans for new headshots, thanks to my scene partner who's trying to build her photography portfolio. And a private coaching with my teacher, which will cost me a fortune, but I have an audition on tuesday for a feature and I'm ready to start booking roles rather than just auditioning for them. I'm ready!!! So, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to kick some ass, even if it means I'm breaking the bank to do it!

After class, I did some therapy shopping. Bought some cute clothes that will hopefully distract people from my hair...or at least make me feel like I look cute.

Then I made a play date with Adain. We always randomly text one another and have randomly hooked up in the past (almost on labor day), but we are friends nonetheless, so I figured, while I'm in the valley, I might as well put in some time with old friends, such as Adain.

We went to go see 'The Invention of Lying'. It was a decent movie. It was kind of funny because the whole premise is about a world where everyone tells the truth and if that were the case in our world, I kept thinking, what would I really be saying to Adain right now?

“I don't really know why I asked you to come to the movies with me tonight. Maybe it was because I was considering having sex with you to make me feel better after chopping off my beautiful sexy hair, leaving me feeling unattractive and unconfident, but now that we're hanging out, I'm reminded of all the things that irritate me about you and we are definitely not going to have sex tonight. So now I feel a little awkward sitting in this theater with you, wondering what you're expecting or thinking is going to happen tonight.”

That probably wouldn't have gone over so well, huh?

Well, I am glad I met up with him. It's important I do things with other people every once in awhile, so that my roomies aren't my only source of socialization. Maybe every Wednesday if I'm not working, I'll make a habit out of visiting a friend from the valley. That would be fun!

Came home to an empty apartment, Nikki was dropping Lacey off at the airport. She's gonna be gone for the rest of the week. I don't know what I'm gonna do without her! We've been bosom buddies since moving in. Nikki's been a little anti-social. So maybe this will get Nikki to come out of her room a bit more and we can have some bonding time while Lacey's away.

Have to work tomorrow, but I'm getting up at decent time and getting my sweat on! No more excuses from this girl! I'm doing it full out (at least until the 30th)!

Go call a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment