Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hometown Fair


October 3, 2009.

Ok, so today has a few more happy notes than that of yesterdays post. Worked this morning, got up sleepy as all get out, so I threw on clothes, didn't shower and just did my makeup real nice so that no one would assume...

Had a table today that consisted of a guy and his parents. Very sweet family. And every time I brought something over for them, they were uber gracious and thankful and so nice. Then I casually asked, “So are you going to the hometown fair?” It's going on today and tomorrow and I've heard lots about it, so I figured, I'd make chit chat. The parents immediately said no, but the guy kind of eyed me and asked, “Are you going?”

I told them that I really want to and I hope to go tonight or tomorrow, because I'm “new in town”, etc etc.

Living in Manhattan Beach is like living in the Twilight Zone. We still live in L.A. but somehow we've managed to move to a place that has this crazy small town, everyone knows your name and your business feel. It's still blowing my mind. Anywhere else in Los Angeles you don't run into people you know constantly. But here...every corner you turn.

So, anywho, I made conversation with the fam and they seemed to take a liking to me. So when they were leaving the guy came up to me and handed me the check, which included his email and he said, “Well, Irene, I'll be at the fair tomorrow...here's my email if you wanna meet up!”

Ha! Ok, so I'm gonna take a chance and I'm totally gonna email him and give him my number and quite possibly go to the fair with him tomorrow. How random but quite fun.

This town...man.

Well, I kept telling my roomies, the guy was quite attractive, there was just something about him that kind of gave me chills. Like, his eyes, they were just very intense, or maybe it was the way he acted with his parents, or who knows what it was, it was strange and I feel like there's something familiar about him as well...

It's weird and I can't describe, but maybe it'll make for a really great story tomorrow!

Lacey and I did a quick run-through of the fair and the “Beer Garden” before she had to head to work. I wish we all had more time to hang out there because it could be a lot of fun.

We ran into many people we knew...surprisingly enough. Including our manager as well as Lacey's most recent hook-up. We had an awkward encounter with the hook-up...um...don't know what was going on there. And we realized we've really moved to a freaking small town.

To quote Lacey: “Get me out of here!!!”

I think I can live here, but I might not be able to go out here...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment